Apply Text Fill can be used as a Style Behaviour on a Text Shape to set the materials of lines/ words/ characters in a procedural way.
Mode - Choose a mode for the selection:
- Regex - Set a Regular Expression to determine which parts of the string will be selected. There are several presets available at the top of the Attribute Editor UI.
- Specific Indices - Manually enter the indices to determine which lines/ words/ characters are selected. Enter comma separated values (e.g.
0, 4, 7) or create ranges using colons (e.g.
1:4) or a combination of both (e.g.
2, 3:5). Entering the string
lastwill procedurally select those indices.
- Line - Fill each line of text defined by Specific Indices.
- Word - Fill each word within the string defined by Specific Indices.
- Character - Fill each character within the string defined by Specific Indices.
Specific Indices - Set the indices to select. Values should be comma
, separated for lists or colon
: seperated for ranges. e.g.
0,1:3,8 will select indices 0, 1, 2, 3 and 8. You can also enter
last to procedurally select those indices. Note that a space character is included as an index.
Fill Color - set the colour for the lines/ words/ characters within the selection.
Shaders - Connect Shaders to apply to the selection. You can also right click > Add Shader to add a new Shader.