Auto Index - when checked the node will automatically output all indices.
Index - the index to be used from the Assets list.
Assets - drag an Assets or Assets (.svg/ .csv/ .png etc) into this attribute. A connection icon will appear. Clicking on the icon will pop up the list of assets. You can drag the items to reorder them.
- Drag 2 .png files from Finder/Explorer into the Assets Window.
- Right click on the Group that was created in import containing the .png files and choose Create Array from Group. This will create an Asset Array with 3 indices connected to each .png file.
- Create a Rectangle.
- Open the Fill tab.
- Right click on the Shaders attribute and select Add Shader > Image Shader.
- Connect the Asset Array to the Image slot on the Image Shader.
- Select the Rectangle in the Scene Window and
alt + clickon the Duplicator icon in the Shelf.
This will create a grid of 9 rectangles each with alternating images. If you wanted to randomise this sequence you could add a Random Behaviour with a Minimum of 0 and Maximum of 1 and connect it to the Index of the Asset Array.
See the Dynamic Rendering section for some examples of how this node can be put to good use.