Lookup values in spreadsheets based on keys.
Lookup values in spreadsheet data based on related text strings (keys). This could be useful, among other things, for creating design systems where many nodes share common attributes. For example, in the table below, the key
corner-radius would return a value of
The advantage of using a lookup is that the row can be moved for organisational purposes without losing the link to the value.
File - connect a .csv or Google Sheet Asset.
Lookup Column - select the column in your data to search for a key.
Lookup Key - specify the key (text) to find within the Lookup Column.
Value Column - select the column to match against the Lookup Key.
- Create a Rectangle.
- Right click in the Assets Window and select Import Google Sheet...
- Paste in this url - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DB4Yv0W_sT1nIlKiQFUBeQyXZoz88tdQt8YvLzXYwbU/edit?usp=sharing
- Create a Spreadsheet Lookup.
- Drag the Google Sheet from the Assets Window to the File attribute on the Spreadsheet Lookup.
- Select the
Keycolumn for Lookup Column.
- Select the
Valuecolumn for Value Column.
corner-radiusin the Lookup Key.
- Connect spreadsheetLookup.id > rectangle.cornerRadius.
If you change the data in your spreadsheet you'll need to right click on the spreadsheet Asset in the Asset Window and select Reload.