Note - minimum requirements on macOS have been bumped to 10.14 for the 1.2 release.
- 💥 Forge Dynamics - Rigid Body Dynamics comes to Cavalry. To get started – with a shape selected – hit the Forge icon (
F) in the Shelf and press play or try one of the new Presets under the Create menu.
- New Attractor Field - Pull or push Shapes towards or away from a target.
- New Direction Field - Create a directional force to push Shapes along.
- New Drag Field - Apply a force counter to the Shapes' positional and rotational velocities.
- New Bridge Constraint - Chain Shapes together.
- New Distance Constraint -
- New Pin Constraint - Fix Shapes to their position.
- New Body Setting Collision Event - Change the Density/ Friction/ Bounce etc of Shapes when they collide.
- New Color Collision Event - Change the Color of Shapes when they collide.
- New Impulse Collision Event - Add additional forces to Shapes when they collide.
- New Sticky Collision Event - Stick Shapes to each other when they collide.
- New Visibility Collision Event - Affect the Visibility of Shapes when they collide.
- New Dynamics menu to streamline setting/ editing simulations.
New licensing model. Free is now even more Free! See more info here.
- 💥 Apple Silicon Build - Users with Apple Silicon Machines can now brag about having the fastest machines for running Cavalry. Initial tests indicate up to 3x performance improvements over Intel's i9 processors.
- New Apply Text Fill Utility. This is a Material Behaviour available on the Text Shape which allows you to set the color for specific characters/words/lines. Check out the new presets icon in the header bar of the Attribute Editor UI.
- New Apply Character Spacing Utility. Use this to create procedural kerning pairs/ character spacing adjustments.
- New Formatted Date String Generator.
- New Direct Bezier Manipulation added to the Edit Shape tool, you can now drag path edges to easily finesse curves.
- New Stabiliser for the Pencil tool to help you draw smoother curves. It's an extreamly relaxing way to draw! Enable it via the Pencil's Tool Settings.
- Reverse Path Deformer - Quickly reverse paths on any shape in a procedural way.
- Filters can now be used on Compositions. (Note - this does not yet include Blur, Mask Blur or Drop Shadow)
- New Chromatic Aberration Filter - add chromatic aberration to Shaders.
- New Halftone Filter - add a halftone effect to Shapes/ Shaders.
- New Pixelate Filter - pixelate Shaders with options for square, triangular and hexagonal patterns.
- New RGB Split Filter - split RGB color channels for Shapes/ Shaders.
- New Dithering Filter
- Workspaces! - save and load your own window layouts.
- Focus mode - use
Ctrl + Tabto toggle between the active workspace and a reduced layout consisting of just the Viewport and the Toolbar.
- Notes - Add Notes to Layers in the Scene Window by right clicking on a Layer and choosing
Notes...near the top of the list. When a Note is added, it will appear on hovering a layer or can be accessed via the button on the row.
- New Arrange menu in the Edit menu with commands such as Bring Forward/ Send Backward.
- New Sort Distribution which can re-order points according to various settings.
- New Move Along Path menu item in the Animation menu.
- HSV added to the Color Window
- Spreadsheet Settings - you can now set custom delimiters, decimal separators and quote characters.
- New Viewport Quality settings.
- New Render Quality settings in the Render Manager.
- New .mp4 format added to the Render Manager.
- New Ray Shape.
- More Recent File shortcuts in the File menu.
- You can now see (and select) shapes outside of the Composition bounds in the Viewport. 😊 (support for Groups still to come)
- Various improvements to ProRes export, particularly around 4444 and 4444XQ + alpha channels:
- Alpha should now be correctly interpretted in Adobe products on Windows (and macOS).
- 0% alpha now samples as an absolute 0 in Resolve.
- Alpha color has been fixed.
- Travel, Reverse and Offset added to the Sequence Utility.
- Invert added to the Is Within Utility.
- Duplicate Composition added to the Asset Window contextual menu.
- Year-Month-Day-Weekday added as a date format for auto-save files.
- The Sound Behaviour is now behind the beta flag inline with audio playback. It's also now no longer possible to import audio without beta features enabled. Beta features can be enabled via the Preferences window.
- The Shelf and the Tool Settings Windows have now been seperated.
- 🇬🇧 vs 🇺🇸 spellings. We've got a slight identity crisis going in the app/ docs. 😊 Sorry to our US friends but we've opted to try and unify this with our mother tongue for now. Color still to-do and we have plans for localisations in the future to keep everyone happy.
- Blend Sub-Mesh Positions now respects global positions.
- When importing assets into the Assets Windows the assets are now added to the selected hierarchy.
- You can now Toggle Composition Background Alpha to improve working with alphas.
- Various improvements to the Capsule primitive:
- You can now Trim Ends.
- The Capsule now has a new Start/ End mode.
- You can now manipulate the Capsule end points in the Viewport.
- 💥 Layer Tools - you can now edit Radius for Ellipses plus Width, Height and Corner Radius for Rectangle in the Viewport. More to come here!
- You can now Share Strokes and Fills between shapes. Right click on the Fill or Stroke checkboxes and choose the 'Reveal' option. This will reveal a new layer in the Scene Window which you can then connect to multiple shapes.
- Pathfinder now has a Rotation Offset.
- Quad Tree now aligns to the pixel grid to prevent unwanted spacing appearing between quads.
- Commas as delimeters are now supported in spreadsheet data. Note - commas are still not supported as decimal seperators.
- You can now use Environment Variables in the File Name and Path attributes in the Render Manager.
- Connections to/from the Dynamic Index in the Render Manager now show up.
- Fixed an issue with Shape Visibility on the Duplicator.
- Fixed an issue with gaps appearing between the Quad Tree Shape.
- New Set Transform Keyframes option in the Animation menu which allows you to set Position, Rotation and Scale keyframes for selected layers.
- Fixed an issue where SVG was incorrectly passing corner radius values.
- When splitting a path in the Edit Shape tool,
Shift + s + clickwill now create a corner point (
s + clickcreates a bézier point).
- Compatibility improvements with the LottieFiles iOS player (more to do here).