2.0 Release Notes→
Release date: 31st January 2024
Scenes created in Cavalry 2.0.0 will be converted when opening them in Cavalry 2.0.1. The file will be copied to a new scene which will need saving – you'll notice the legacy scene will be named
<yourSceneName> [Converted].cv on opening. Any scenes saved in 2.0.1 onwards will not be fully compatible with any previous versions of Cavalry.
Minimum requirements on macOS have been bumped to 11.0 (Big Sur) for the 2.0.1 release.
const will now be converted to
- Subdivide now has a Smooth Angle Attribute.
- A new Index Mode for Sub-Mesh.
- A new 'Reveal in Pre-Comp/the Origin Layer' button for Pre-Comp Overrides and Components.
- A new Preserve Materials attribute for the Outline Shape.
- The Palette Generator in the Color Window can now generate colors using the LCh Color Model (also known as HCL).
Notable Bug Fixes
- Fixed a crash with the 'cp1' object for
quadToin the Cavalry Module.
- Fixed a bug where making connections to existing indices in an Array via the Scene Window was actually adding new indices.
- Fixed a bug where making connections to replace connections to existing indices in an array/list via the Scene Window was actually adding new indices/items.
- Fixed a crash when hitting undo after adding some of the Demo Scenes.
- Fixed an issue where opening/importing certain Scenes containing a combination of multiple Compositions and Assets was causing a crash.
- Connections from math Layers to checkboxes (e.g. →) were being unintentionally blocked.
- Connections from rotation to certain Layer types (e.g. →) from 1.5.6 Scenes were being removed when opening in 2.0.